Friday, September 14, 2007

One Down...

The first full week of school is over. The kids are all doing well. I'm happy to report that Ethan has "stayed on green" every day so far. He has already been allowed into the "prize box" on day 5 and is looking forward to getting 2 more star stamps in order to reach 10 total and be rewarded again. (You get a star stamp on your folder when you stay on "green" in his classroom.) Ethan is still afraid to buy anything from the lunch line. I went into school and helped him buy chocolate milk on Wednesday. I told him this morning that he could buy ice cream because it is Friday. (The only day the kids are allowed to buy ice cream at school is Friday in this house. It makes it seem more like a treat, and gives them a little something to look forward to.) He said, "Are you coming in to my lunch?" When I told him no he said very grumpily, "Well, I'm not buying anything!" Well, Ok then....

This was also our first week of dance, which is a scheduling nightmare (Ethan dances on Monday, Alex on Mon, Tues and Thurs and Hudson on Mon and Wed) but the kids love it so much and have done well so far with all the activity. I'm really proud of them. Alex also starts chorus and band next week. She'll have to ride the early (high school) bus, which arrives at about 7:20. Currently she is not even out of bed at that time. We'll see how she does. (I also had to call school and request that they change the bus route so that Alex wouldn't have to cross Rt. 64. It's just too freakin' busy and the huge trucks go about 70mph past our house.) With all of their activity, I have eased off of the chores for a while... not that they really had a lot to do anyway (feed the dog, empty the dishwasher, bring down their dirty clothes, keep their room clean were on the list) but I just don't want them getting too overwhelmed. Now I have to feed the *&?! dog.

No comments: