Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Hud!

I can't believe he is EIGHT!! Wow. Whenever his birthday rolls around I think of how close we were to not having him in our lives and it breaks my heart and fills me with joy at the same time- sadness because I nearly lost him because of some stupid doctor's ignorance, and joy because I trusted my gut and we have been blessed with this great kid.

Tonight Grandma Patty, the kids and I snuck in a quick dinner at Eddie O'Briens to celebrate Hudson's big day, before Alex's dance class. There were some gifts on the table from Grandma. Ethan said, "Who are those presents for?"
I sarcastically replied, "Gee- I wonder."
Ethan looked puzzled and then said, "Who's Gee?"

Hudson is having his very first sleep over party tomorrow. Six boys will be coming over for pizza, scary movies, too much orange soda and too little sleep (I'm sure). I made a cool spooky cemetery cake. I can't wait for the boys to see it. I'll take pictures tomorrow. For now I'll leave you with a picture of my handsome boy taken this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good God, Sarah, is that Hudson?? He is beautiful! You make some good kids. Maybe you should have another?? Love you babe!!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hudson...a bit late. Looks like you had a great time. I hope your mom survived the overnighter. We miss you guys!