Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ethan plays soccer


The picture below speaks volumes about his playing.... he doesn't really "get it" yet. Lots of standing and watching. Some kids at this age (U8) have such an instinct for the game. And some, like my guy, haven't developed it yet.

His "season" so far has been a rocky one.... first week he got a terrible headache and walked off the field in pain, so we left. Second week, I guess he played and did ok- I was at solofest with Alex, so I'm not really sure how he did. Third week he didn't go as we were in the midst of his icky illness. Last week it was pouring rain, but they played anyway and froze. So he really has only had 2 good nights of playing this year.... not a lot of time to get a feel for the game.
And it was hot last night, and I had to drag him out of Grandma and Papa's pool to go to his game, so he wasn't really happy with me. He has next week off for the 4th of July holiday, and a few weeks of games after that. We'll see how he does.

1 comment:

JoeNYy said...

and we will see you on the 4th!
- Joe