Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Hello there...

it's been awhile, I know. I started a post a while back about our road trip to Howe Caverns but I only got as far as uploading one picture. Does that even count as starting a post? I think not. It's still there in my drafts file...one lonely picture. Maybe someday I'll get the rest of them up there for you to see.


As you all know Justin is through with Lowes and starting with CACI. He starts traveling on Sunday. I think he'll be gone until Saturday. It has been very nice having him around this week- not only to free me up a little with "kid duties" but so that I can actually have a conversation with him and the kids can get in some good Dad time. He's been in "project mode"- replacing the sink faucet, putting in the garden, installing the new washer. Yes, he spent his final day as a Lowes employee buying us a new washing machine. As Nancy said, the Lowes Gods must have know he was leaving and had our washer crap out just in time for him to get a new one with a discount. Although of course he wasn't able to get a super awesome deal like he did for Megan... o-well. Our home has become FedEx central (well, comparatively speaking)... they stopped by yesterday and today, and UPS dropped off a package today too. Most of it is work "stuff" for Justin.... thick packets of papers he takes to the FLCC library to read over in quiet...but I think the UPS package is his "uniform"- which is actually khaki pants and long sleeve button downs (no Mom, not a bullet-proof vest!).






It is observation week at the dance studio. Unfortunately Hudson had the dreaded stomach bug AGAIN and didn't go to class on Monday. I'll get a chance to watch his tap and jazz class tonight. I did see Alex's ballet and tap classes, but she'll have to miss her jazz class because of her 5th grade chorus and band concert. She's also taking a hip hop class on Fridays, and I'll be able to check that out this week too. And I'm going to take a peek at Gabby's class too!!


Other stuff...Broadway Beware is this weekend. Alex, Megan and Papa are all singing in it. I am a "prop" for Alex's number. Hudson proudly showed off the 7.5 out of 8 he got on his Italy project. Ethan is Student of the Week this week. I am knee deep in dance recital costuming... level 6 dresses, level 4 head bands and hats, making a tux jacket, etc. etc. Hope all is well with everyone! Have a good week!

2 comments:

Maura said...

Are you guys busy or what? Looks like fun.. Love the pics of Alex dancing.. love, maura

Anonymous said...

What is CACI?