Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Time

We had our Christmas Pageant today at church. I have to say that I am happy for it to be done. I get so nervous about this stuff and take it really personally. The kids did great, and Megan and I got a lot of compliments on the "production", so I guess it was a success.Here is the "cast"... Ethan, Hudson and Dom (front row) are the Wise Guys, I mean the Wise Men and Alex (holding the star) and Gabby (front row) are angels.


Alex had her Middle School Holiday Concert on Wednesday night, and once again the little stinker wanted to "surprise me" by not telling me she had a solo. (That's her little bit of Grandma Chickie coming out.) It was during a six minute song and a handful of kids sang solos in different parts. She did great and made her Grandmas Patty cry. (The video is on YouTube. Click on the YouTube link at the right to see it. And, like I said, it's a six minute song, so if you want to skip to Alex's part its near the end during the "Colors of the Wind" segment- the song from Pocahontas- at about 4:14)
I posted a picture and a video from Hudson's concert but never got a chance to write anything. His concert was the week before, and he did great. I am really happy with the elementary school's music teacher Maggie Warren. She does such a great job with the kids and picks great music. We are fortunate to have her.

And Happy Hanukkah! Ethan is our OCL (Official Candle Lighter) and since we are not Jewish and don't really know what to say when we light the candles I told Ethan to "say a little prayer or a wish." So he squeezed his eyes shut, folded his hands very seriously and then said, "I wish I were rich." I laughed and said, "That's not what I was talking about! You should wish for peace or something." He looked at me, smiled and said, "Yeah- that's what I meant."(And for my pagan husband, Happy Solstice.)

No comments: