Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mr. Vice President

Hudson caught the political bug and ran for student counsel vice president. The candidates had to give a speech in front of the entire 4th grade last Tuesday and then the class voted. Pretty exciting because it was the real election day. On Wednesday Hudson came home from school and said, "Mom... I have some bad news..... for everyone who ran against me!!!" Stinker. Here is his campaign poster and speech.
You may know me as Hudson Williams, the boy who can eat an entire bologna sandwich in one bite. Oh, ok, half a sandwich in one bite. But in the very near future, I hope you will be calling me V.P! I will help my fourth grade class and my school in anyway that is needed. One way I will help the school is by coming up with great ideas for fundraisers. Voting for me, is a vote to put the “FUN” back into fundraising. I will also help the president of the student counsel in many ways. I will be the president’s right hand man. I will be there to give great suggestions and give great ideas.
Many of you know me already, though to the few out there who don’t know me, let me tell you some other traits of mine that will make me a successful vice president and just a great guy to vote for. I’m very hardworking. I work so hard sometimes that when writing out my answers to a real difficult test, my pencil lead just wears out. I try to go to school everyday, even when the main course for lunch is spinach topped with broccoli. I am able to stay focused under chaotic situations. How you may ask? Well having an older sister, some would call her a bossy sister, and a younger brother who never lets me watch my favorite TV shows, being sandwiched between these two and dealing with their craziness has given me the practice to be focused in any circumstance. I listen very well too. I will pay attention to all students and their suggestions to make our school the best that it can be and then make sure that these suggestions are taken seriously.
Lastly, when voting for me today, you are voting for a person who is kind, caring, respectful, trustworthy, and most importantly an excellent worker who is dedicated to all of you. These are just a few of the reasons why a vote for me is a vote not wasted. Thank you very much and get out and rock the vote!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great speech, Hud!! Way to rock the vote!