Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Alex- Madame Secretary


Good afternoon fellow 4th graders! We are here today to vote for our class officers. I find this exciting! In case you don’t know me, I want to take this opportunity to give you a snapshot of who I am and what I will bring to our class of 2015 when you vote me, Alexandra Williams for secretary!

You may know from posters, stickers and gossip that I will make a great secretary, but for those that haven’t heard let me explain why. First of all I love our class and I also love to help people! That’s the main reason I am running for this office, it’s the best of both worlds for me. With a little elbow grease I can bring this class all the success they could want!

One way of achieving success is being organized, which I am very good at. I bet you don’t want a very important piece of paper lost. If I were secretary this would never happen!
Another reason I’d make a great secretary is I’m very responsible. I hate to waste sticky notes, paper and time. I also always bring in my homework complete and on time. It feels great to know you’ve got a responsible secretary, so, vote for me!

One more reason you should make me your secretary is I’m a Iroquois Confederacy girl! I’m like a chief sitting at a council meeting or for us a school meeting. We would talk about problems and solutions like the Hodenosaunee chiefs did, and like a chief I will not write any thing down in permanent maker or make any decisions with out a clan mother ( or for us) a teacher okay!

Once my grandpa said to me, “Alex, you know you would make a great president someday.” Well, this is my first step, and this would mean a lot to me, my family and especially my grandpa if I were elected for office! Vote for me, and no sticky notes will be wasted! Vote for me, a kind, willing, helpful and smiley 4th grader, like you, just running for secretary!!!

EDITED: SHE WON!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great letter. Did you do it all by yourself? Papa is very proud of you,great job.

love,
Grandma Patty( I'm very proud of you, too.)

Anonymous said...

Well, Alex, congrats on your 1st step in public office. I am indeed very proud -- and I would be even if you lost. Your speech was incredibly good for your age! The world needs bright people like you to help fix its problems when you grow up.
love,
Papa